Many first-time clients ask about the benefits to receiving massage besides relaxation and pain reduction. Below I have listed several.
1. Dilates blood vessels which promotes circulation and lowers blood pressure
2. Assists venous blood flow
3. Promotes rapid removal of metabolic waste products
4. Improves the oxygen carrying capacity of red blood cell
5. Improves pulmonary function by loosening tight respiratory muscles
6. Reduces muscle soreness and fatigue
7. Increases/restores joint range of motion
8. Reduces cortisol levels and norepinephrine and epinephrine levels
9. Restores posture and gait
10. Improves connective tissue healing
It is important to note that the effects of massage are cumulative. This means that the effects and benefits increase with sequential, repetitive massages.